ㅇ Date/Time: 16:00 - 19:00, Feb. 12, 2015 (Thursday)
ㅇ Venue: The main conference room in the PACST
ㅇ Participants: 40 persons including 21 members of the PACST, and Senior Secretary of Future Strategy to the President.
- Reviewing the progress report of the candidate topics for the next oral report
- Discussing the candidate topics for policy research reports during the first half of the year 2015
- Reporting on site-visit to Jeonju Carbon Industrial Complex
- Reviewing follow-up actions to be implemented by the government on the suggested policy agenda in the 4th Oral Report to the President (the 16th General Meeting)
A. The progress report of the candidate topics for the next oral report to the President
ㅇThe candidate topics for the oral reports prepared by the research team, secretariat office, and special committee on engineering were presented to the council members.
ㅇThe council has decided that the candidate topics need to be developed by inserting the opinions of members and external experts based on the original result of policy research.
ㅇThe council has decided that the two topics of "offshore plant" and "engineering industry" need to be merged into one.
- The vice-chairperson asked the agenda develop by composing a special task force team to develop and review agenda in depth.
ㅇThe council has decided that the agenda of "South-North S&T cooperation" develop as a form of written paper to be reported to the President
B. The candidate topics for policy research
ㅇ Three topics are decided as the issue of the PACST Research Reports for the first half of the year 2015
- Long-term development plan of basic research to realize a future creative country (S&T infrastructure Management Sector)
- Response to Emerging Security issues with Science and Technology(Future Strategy Sector)
- S&T policies for Small and medium sized or venture companies to lead Emerging Technologies (Creative Economy Sector)
C. Site-visit plan to Jeonju Carbon Technology Complex
ㅇSecretariat member made a report on the site-visit plans and the council approved.
- The 1st site visit plan: 'Feb. 26(Thr) ~ Feb. 27(Fri), Pohang/Ulsan Science and Technology Complex (i.e. Hyundai Heavy Industries Co.)
ㅇ The site-visit will be carried out at least once in each quarter term. The next visit plan will be approved after collecting opinions in the next meeting. The tentative plans are as follows:
-The 2nd visit : March 19(Thr.) Jeonju (Carbon Industiral Complex)
-The 3rd visit : April (to be decided later), Osong/Daegu(High Technology based Medical Industiral Complex)
D. Monitoring the follow-up actions of the government about the suggested ideas policy agenda in the 3rd Oral Report to the President (the 16th General Meeting of the PACST)
ㅇ Progress status on the follow-up action of the government will be continually monitored and checked before the next oral report to the President.