The 9th General Meeting of the PACST
ㅇ Date/Time: 16:00 - 18:30, May 13, 2014 (Thursday)
ㅇ Venue: Main conference room in the PACST
ㅇ Participants: 38 including 18 council members, 3 government officials and 16 employees in the division
- Monitoring follow-up action by the government on policy suggestion of the 8th general meeting
- Reviewing the progress report of the topics for the next oral report
- Reviewing progress status and results of mid-term reseach topics
A. Follow-up actions by the government on policy suggestion
ㅇ Policy suggestion at the 8th general meeting were sorted as 13 follow-up actions by the government to be implemented.
ㅇ The progress status on the follow-up actions will be reported to the President during the next Oral reporting session to the President in the format of a written report.
B. Progress report of the main topics for the next oral report
ㅇ Project manager presented progress results of topics considered as candidate topics for the next oral report to the President
- Future strategies on Bio-technology and the related industries
- Challenges and responses to climate change
ㅇCouncil members discussed the topic regarding progress status and decided the topics further developed to be reported.
C. Progress status and results of mid-term reseach topics
ㅇ Project manager presented their progress status and results and the members discussed ways to develop report agenda.
ㅇProject managers of the mid-term research projects presented the interim reports and council members discussed the results of research.
- Strengthen basic and fundamental research capabilities(by Dr. Sunhyung Hong)
- Educational reform to cultivate creative and convergency type personnel (by Prof. Sunyang Chung)
- Ways to expand technology-driven start-ups and job creation(by Rakkyung Song)
- Innovation of vulnerable fields such as agriculture by means of S&T